The Second International Workshop on Stochastic Modeling and Applied Research of Technology (SMARTY 2020) will be held in Petrozavodsk, Karelia, one of the beautiful places in the North-West Russia, on August 16-20, 2020.
SMARTY workshop aims to bring together researchers working on the theoretical, algorithmic and methodological aspects of queueing theory, stochastic modeling and game theory, focusing on applications of such methods across a broad spectrum of technical systems with primary interest in high-performance and distributed computing systems.
SMARTY 2020 sets up a working environment to share recent results on
- Stability and performance issues of stochastic models of high-performance and distributed computing systems, as well as other modern technologies;
- Game theoretic methods in queueing theory and analysis of high-performance and distributed computing systems.
Proceedings shall be submitted to CEUR-WS for online publication (indexed in SCOPUS), after passing a single-blind review procedure by two or more independent reviewers. Selected papers would be recommended, after appropriate modification, to be submitted to Special Issue of the Mathematical Game Theory and its Applications (Matematicheskaya Teoriya Igr i Ee Prilozheniya) journal (indexed in Web of Science Core Collection as a subset of Automation and Remote Control journal), which will undergo an independent evaluation process according to the regular standards of the journal.
The official language of SMARTY’20 is English. We expect that the accepted papers will be presented at the workshop. Submissions are handled with EasyChair. Details on submission process are updated in the Submission section.
A preliminary schedule of the workshop and the publication process is as follows (all the times are AoE):
- Registration starts – February 01, 2020
- Workshop abstracts/papers submission deadline – May 1, 2020
- Notification of acceptance – June 31, 2020_
- Camera ready workshop papers – August 25, 2020
- SMARTY workshop – August 16-20, 2020
- Special Issue submission deadline – October 15, 2020
August 20th is dedicated to students and young researchers focusing on queueing theory, stochastic modeling and game theory in queueing. We expect several invited lectures and tutorials to inspire young researchers in those fields.
Workshop Secretary: Alexander Rumyantsev, IAMR KRC RAS, Petrozavodsk, Russia